Recipe: West Coast Turkey Chili
- 1 cup green bell pepper — chopped
- 1 1/4 cups onion — chopped
- 2 garlic clove — minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 31 ounces canned kidney beans — drained
- 28 ounces canned stewed tomatoes — crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cups cooked turkey — cut in 1/2-inch
- cubes 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro — chopped
- 1 teaspoon red hot pepper — crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In 3-quart saucepan, over medium-high heat, saute green pepper, onion and garli c in oil 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add beans, tomatoes, wine, turkey, chili powder, cilantro, red pepper and salt. Increase heat to hi gh and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer mixture, uncovere d, 25 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with onion or fresh cilantro, if desired.
- Note: If fresh cilantro is unavailable use 1 teaspoon dried.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)