Recipe: Western Beans And Rice (Usa Rice)
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 c Chopped onions
- 1 c Sliced celery
- 8 oz Tomato sauce
- 1/2 c Water
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Hot pepper sauce –
- (or more, to taste) 3 c Cooked or canned pinto beans
- (OR any type of bean) — drained 3 c Hot cooked brown rice
- In large skillet, cook onions and celery in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, seasonings, and beans. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot rice.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)