Recipe: Western Beans And Rice(Vegan)
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 c Chopped onions
- 1 c Sliced celery
- 8 oz Canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 c Water
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Hot pepper sauce — to 1/2 t.
- 3 c Cooked pinto beans — drained
- 3 c Hot cooked brown rice
- In large skillet, cook onions and celery in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, seasonings, and beans. Heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Note: any type of beans may be used in this recipe. Nutrition (per serving): 157 calories Total Fat 3 g (18% of calories)
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)