Recipe: White Bean And Herb Sandwich Spread
- 1 c Cooked and drained white Beans
- 2 tb Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tb Snipped chives
- 1 tb Chopped fresh dill (or 1 ts Dried dill)
- 1/4 ts Salt (can eliminate this if Using canned beans)
- 1/8 ts Pepper
- 2 oz Non fat cream cheese
- 1 tb Fresh lemon juice
- 8 sl Favorite bread (recipe Recommends dark rye)
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and thinly
- Sliced x Lettuce x Sprouts Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste for seasonings and add more herbs or lemon juice if necessary. Spread mixture on bread, top with cucumber, lettuce and sprouts.
- Put sandwiches together and slice.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)