Recipe: White-Bean Chili With Five Spices
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or canned low sodium chicken broth — fat skimmed and discarded 1 medium onion — minced
- 1 large clove garlic — minced
- 1/4 cup drained canned green chilies — coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 32 ounces white kidney beans-(cannellini beans) undrained (2 cans)
- Bring chicken stock to boil in a large skillet. Add next 8 ingredients plus 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
- Add kidney beans; simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)