Recipe: White Bean Chili1
- 1 cup onion — chopped
- 1 clove garlic — finely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 4 cups chicken — cooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro — snipped
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves — dried
- 2 teaspoons red chiles — ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves — ground
- 32 ounces great northern beans — 2 cans
- 3/4 cup tomato — chopped
- blue or yellow corn tortilla chips
- Chicken should be cut into 1/2-inch Cubes.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in margarine in 4-quart Dutch oven until onion i s tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except chopped tomato and tortilla chip s. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasion ally. Serve with tomato and tortilla chips.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)