Recipe: White Bean Soup With Sage I.E.S.Jjgf65A
- 1 ea Onions; large
- 1 ea Garlic clove; crushed
- 1 ea Carrots; small
- 1 x Sage leaves
- 1 tb Oil
- 2 ea Cans, Great northern beans
- 14 1/2 oz Can clear chicken broth
- 1 x Salt; to taste
- 1 x Ground pepper; to taste
- Chop the onion;mince the garlic.Peel and shred the carrot.Dice the tomato.Mince the sage to measure 1 tabls.( or subsitute 1 ts dried).
- Heat oil in large saucepan until hot.Add onion,garlic and carrot,and saute until onion is tender.
- Stir in beans with liquid and chicken broth.Stir in tomato and sage.Heat to boiling,stirring occasionally.
- Simmer about 5 minutes,stirring,just to blend flavors.Season to taste with the salt and pepper.Serve hot.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)