Recipe: White Beans, Hijiki, Rice, And Red Cabbage
- 4 cups dry white (navy) beans
- 1 oz hijiki sea vegetable
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 small red cabbage, diced small
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar tamari
- sauce to taste
- Cook beans until tender, add hijiki towards end of cooking process (so it won’t fall apart), saute diced red cabbage in vinegar and water until tender.
- Mix beans, rice and red cabbage. Add tamari sauce to taste. Let sit a few minutes so flavors will blend.
- Looks like veg-scrapple, but tastes pretty good. It is good without the tamari, sort of sweet and vinegary.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)