Recipe: White Beans With Spinach Puree
- 1 lb small white beans — soaked overnight
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach — thawed
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 c soft bread crumbs
- 1 bay leaf
- dried oregano dried thyme salt and white pepper — to taste
- Rinse and drain beans. Cook with bay leaf until tender (1-2 hours). Partially drain, leaving beans in about 1/2 c of their liquid; reserve drained liquid in case more moisture is needed.
- Combine bread crumbs and garlic in a bowl (these may be minced together in food processor if making bread crumbs). Heat spinach and add salt, white pepper, oregano and thyme to taste; puree spinach mixture.
- Combine beans, bread crumbs and as much spinach puree as needed to bind ingredients together. Serve slightly warm.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: Breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)