Recipe: White Chili Con Caucasian- American
- Pam spray 2 tb Olive oil
- 2 lb Chicken breast, diced
- 1 c Chopped shallots
- 6 ts Minced garlic
- 4 c Stewed tomatoes not drained
- 26 oz Chicken broth
- 2 c Chopped green chilies
- 1 t Oregano
- 1 t Coriander
- 1/2 ts Cumin
- 4 cn Cannellini beans, drained
- 6 tb Lime juice
- 1/2 ts Black pepper
- 1/2 c Sharp cheddar, grated
- Spray a large skillet with Pam. Add olive oil and heat on medium high until hot. Add diced chicken and saute for 3 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, chili peppers and spices.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add chicken and beans, cook for 5 minutes, stir in lime juice and pepper. Heat to a boil.
- Add to crockpot and cook for 8 hours. Serve in chili bowls, topped with cheese
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)