Recipe: White Chili With Chicken
- 30 oz Canned white beans
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast; cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 md Sweet onion; diced
- 3 cl Garlic; minced
- 4 Tomatillos; husks and stem ends removed, finely chop -(opt)
- 1 pk Frozen white corn(16oz)
- 2 ts Cumin
- 1/2 ts Oregano
- 1 cn Green chilies(4oz)
- 1 1/2 c Chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime 1/2 c Chopped cilantro
- Garnishes as desired Place beans and their liquid in a large pot over low heat. Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the chicken and saute until lightly browned. Stir the chicken mixture into the bean pot along with the tomatillos, corn, cumin, oregano, green chilies and chicken broth.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Just before serving, stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve, if desired, with garnishes such as chopped red onion, grated Monterey Jack cheese, sliced jalapeno peppers and chunks of avocado.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)