Recipe: White Chili2
- 1 medium Onion chopped fine
- 1/2 large Green pepper chopped fine
- 1 large Clove garlic minced
- 1 Shredded carrot
- 2 Stalks celery chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 1/4 pounds Cooked boneless chicken
- Chopped 1 can low salt chicken — (15-oz) Broth or homemade 2 cans
- Pinto beans one drained and Rinsed one not drained and Pureed in blender
- 3/4 cup Dry white vermouth
- 1 can Chick peas optional
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoons Medium hot sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese Opt.
- In a medium saucepan, saute in oil and butter over medium high temperature the onion, green pepper, garlic, carrot and celery 6-8 minutes.
- Gently add the cooked chicken, broth and beans. Add vermouth, chick peas, cumin, Tabasco sauce, chili powder, honey and hot sauce and simmer and stir on low for a half hour.
- For a nice touch and added flavor, melt shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)