Recipe: White Chili4
- 3 cups canned white beans — undrained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic — minced
- 2 cups onions — chopped
- 1 1/8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 poblano chili — seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 quart chicken breast meat — poached, skinless diced
- cheese — shredded salsa scallions — chopped
- In a 3 1/2 l casserole combine the drained beans with the chicken broth.
- In a small saucepan, saute the garlic and onions in the oil until transluce nt and soft. Add the chilies and seasonings and mix thoroughly. Add the onion-c hili mixture to the beans.
- Add the chicken cubes and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until t he chicken is heated through. Add more chicken broth if needed and heat through .
- Serve with a compatible mixture of some of the suggested garnishes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)