Recipe: White Turkey Chili
- 1 1/2 cups onion — chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper — chopped
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 19 ounces cannellini beans — drain and rinse
- 2 cups turkey light meat — cooked & cubed
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese — grated
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook onions, bell peppers, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans and turkey.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)