Recipe: Wick Fowlers Two Alarm Chili
- 3 lb Ground beef
- 2 1/2 c Tomato sauce
- 1 Onion; chopped
- Garlic to taste – chopped 1 ts Salt
- 1 ts Cayenne pepper
- 1 ts Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tb Oregano; dried, crushed
- 1 tb Cumin; ground
- 6 Red peppers; 2″ long (opt)
- 4 tb Chili powder
- 1 tb Paprika
- 2 tb Flour
- Sear the meat with the onions and garlic. When meat is thoroughly browned, put in tomato sauce, and add some water.
- Add all other ingredients. Cover with 1/2″ of water and stir well. Simmer at least an hour and a half, or longer, stirring regularly.
- Towards the end, skim the grease and add the flour, mixed with warm water, to thicken.
- Serve by itself, or with beans, (cooked separately) or with rice, corn meal mush.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)