Recipe: Wild Rice Chicken
- 1 cup cooked chicken — diced
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts — drained
- 1 cup celery — finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups onion — finely chopped
- 1 package (6 1/4 oz) Uncle Ben’s Fast Cooking Long
- Grain and Wild Rice 1 cup mayonnaise — used on serving day
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup — USOD, undiluted
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Mix together all ingredients exc ept the mayonnaise and soup and freeze.
- When thawed, place mixture in 11 X 7 inch baking dish. Stir together the mayonn aise and the undiluted mushroom soup and spread the mixture over the top.
- Bake, covered, at 325 for 1 hour.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)