Recipe: Winter White Chili
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin — (or two boneless pork chops) cut — into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 16 Ounce Can navy beans — drained
- 1 16 Ounce Can chick peas — drained
- 1 4 Ounce Can diced green chiles — drained
- 1 16 Ounce Can white kernel corn — drained
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 14 1/2 ounce chicken broth chopped parsley
- In 4-quart saucepan, saute onions and pork in oil over medium-high heat until o nions are soft and pork lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in all remainin g ingredients except parsley. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve each por tion garnished with some chopped parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)