Recipe: Wolfgang Puck’S Pumpkin Pie
- Unbaked 10-inch single -crust pie shell 4 tb Sugar syrup
- 1 tb Minced orange peel
- 2 tb Grand Marnier
- 1 Vanilla bean, split and -scraped 1 Cinnamon stick
- Fresh grated nutmeg 6 Oz. fresh cranberries
- 2 c Pumpkin puree
- 1 c Dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 ts Cinnamon
- 1 ts Ginger
- 1/2 ts Nutmeg
- 1/2 ts Cloves
- ds Salt ds Fresh ground white pepper 4 Eggs
- 1 c Whipping cream
- 1/2 c Half and half
- 3 tb Bourbon
- Line a buttered 10-inch pie dish or flan ring with pastry. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or uncooked beans.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden. Let cool. Remove paper and beans. Meanwhile, in large stainless steel saucepan, combine sugar syrup, orange peel, Grand Marnier, vanilla bean with scrapings, cinnamon stick and nutmeg.
- Bring to boil. Stir in cranberries then reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until berries are softened. Remove vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Spread mixture in thin layer on bottom of tart shell. (Leftover marmalade is good served on side with smoked meat, fowl or curry.)
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and pepper. Beat in eggs, cream, half and half and bourbon, Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375F for 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Serve warm with cinnamon ice cream, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)