Recipe: Ww Turkey Chili
- 9 ounces Kidney beans — (or red or beans)
- 32 ounces Tomato sauce
- 15 ounces Turkey; ground — raw
- 1 medium Onion — diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder — (maybe 2 t)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano — ground
- 1 teaspoon Celery seed
- Wash beans. Cover with water and soak in the refrigerator overnight or a minimum of four hours at room temperature.
- Put water, beans, and salt in a soup pot and cook until beans are soft, approximately one hour. Add water when necessary to keep beans covered. Do not drain.
- Brown ground turkey and onion. Combine turkey mixture, beans, tomato sauce and spices in soup pot.
- Simmer over low heat for one or two hours. Add water to achieve desired consistency. Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)