Recipe: Zesty Sloppy Joes
- 4 pounds Ground beef
- 1 cup Onion — chop
- 1 cup Green pepper — chop fine
- 2 cans Tomato soup
- 1 15 ounce Ca thick and zesty tomato — sauce
- 8 ounces Tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar — pack
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 20 hamburger buns — (20 to 25)
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown beef and onion.
- Add green pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)