Recipe: Zucchini Lasagne
- 4 lg Zucchini
- 2 tb Olive oil
- 2 cl Garlic
- 1/2 c Chopped onion
- 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1 lb Can tomatoes
- 6 oz Can tomato paste
- 4 oz Can sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 c Dry red wine
- 1 1/2 ts Oregano
- 1/4 ts Thyme
- 1/2 ts Basil
- Salt and pepper 8 oz Mozzarella cheese, thinly
- – sliced 8 oz Ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini into strips 1/4 inch thick. Heat oil; add garlic and onion and cook until vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Add meat and brown, stirring to keep meat crumbly. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, wine, oregano, thyme, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer uncovered 1-1/2 hours. Place half of the zucchini strips in an oiled shallow casserole. Top with half of the Mozzarella and Ricotta cheeses.
- Add half the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)