Recipe: Zucchini-Layered Meat Loaf
- 1 x Recipe Basic Meat Loaf;
- 1/2 c Swiss Cheese; Shredded
- 1/2 c Zucchini; Thinly Sliced
2 tb Pimento; Chopped
- See Recipe # 8, this file, for the recipe.
- Prepare the basic meat loaf — except spread 1/3 of the mixture evenly in an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches.
- Sprinkle half each of the cheese, zucchini and pimento in layers, spreading the layers to within 1/2 inch of all sides of the pan.
- Repeat the layers ending up with a layer of the meat mixture on the top. Be sure to cover the layers completely by spreading the mixture to the sides of the pan.
- Omit the catsup and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/4 hours. Drain off the excess fat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into thick slices.
- Serve on a heated platter.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)