Recipe: Zucchini Meatball Stew
- 1 oz Ground beef
- 1/2 c Ground zucchini
- 1 t Onion — finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c Rice
- ds Oregano, cumin, garlic salt ds Ground pepper 1 c Beef broth
- 1 lg Tomato — diced
- 1 t Parsley — chopped
- 1 tb Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ground beef, zucchini, onion, egg, rice, and seasonings; mix thoroughly. Shape into small meatballs.
- Combine beef broth, tomato, and parsley in saucepan; heat to boil. Drop meatballs into hot broth, one at a time.
- Cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Microwave: Cook beef broth, tomato, and parsley on High for 3 minutes, covered. Drop Meatballs into broth. Cook on High for 5 minutes. Hold 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Food Exchange per serving: 2 MEAT EXCHANGES + 1 VEGETABLE EXCHANGE + 1 STARCH/BREAD EXCHANGE CAL: 203
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)