Recipe: Zucchini With Ground Beef
- 1 Lb. lean ground beef
- 1 Medium onion — chopped
- 1 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1 Large Can solid pack tomatoes
- 1 Can tomato sauce — (8 oz.)
- 1 Can tomato paste — (6 oz.)
- 1 Small green pepper — chopped
- 1 C. grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 Medium zucchini — sliced 1/2-inch
- thick 1/2 C. pitted ripe olives
- pepper to taste 1/4 Tsp. garlic salt
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute meat and onions together in oil (use large frying pan) until meat is brown and crumbly.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, green peppers, grated cheese, zucchini and olives. Add seasonings. Simmer 10 minutes, turn into 8 x 12-inch baking dish and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until sauce is thickened and top is nicely browned and slightly crusty.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)