Recipe: Diabetic Easy Oven Stew
- 3/4 lb Boneless beef round steak,
- -trimmed and cubed 1 tb Cooking oil
- 4 ea Medium un peeled potatoes,
- -cut into 1″ cubes 5 ea Medium carrots, cut into
- -1 1/2′ chunks 1 ea Celery rib cut into 1″
- -chunks 1 ea Large onion cut into 1″
- -chunks 1 cn Chunky stewed tomatoes
- -(14 1/2 oz size) 3 tb Quick cooking tapioca
- 1 ts Browning sauce Pepper 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon 1 c Frozen peas
- In a Dutch oven, brown the steak in oil. Add the next eight ingredients; cover and bake at 300 degrees for 4-5 hours, stirring twice.
- Add the peas during the last 30 minutes of baking.
- One serving = 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 meat; also 263 calories, 257mg sodium, 33 mg cholesterol, 38mg carbohydrate, 17gm protein, 5gm fat.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)