Recipe: Farm Style Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat — cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 medium zucchini — cut into 1″ slices
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons bottled steak sauce
- 1 17 ounce wh kernel corn, canned — drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch 3 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper, paprika, and seasoned salt. Place in slow- cooking pot with zucchini; pour hot water and steak sauce over.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or until tender. Turn control to high. Stir in corn.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water; add to meat mixture. Cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)