Recipe: Hearty Irish Stew
- 1 Lb Beef Stew Cubes
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 C Water
- 1 Tbsp Beef-Flavor Bouillon O 3 Beef-Flavor Cubes
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Med Carrots, Pared & Cut Into Chunks
- 2 Med Potatoes, Pared And Cut Into Chunks
- 2 Stalks Celery, Cut Into 1-Inch Pieces
- 1 Med Onion, Cut Into Wedges
- 6 Sm Cabbage Wedges
- In large kettle or Dutch oven, brown meat in oil. Add water, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients except cabbage; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add cabbage; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Refrigerate leftovers.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)