Recipe: Rack Of Lamb With Mustard Crust And Pesto
- 2 1 1/2 pound racks of lamb — well trimmed
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh rosemary (or 11/4 tsp. dried)
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 11/4 tsp. dried)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 400=3DB0 F. Heat heavy large ovenproof skillet over high= heat. Add lamb to skillet and cook until brown, turning occasionally,= about 7 minutes.
- Remove lamb from skillet; cool slightly. Spread mustard= evenly over lamb. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic, rosemary and thyme in bowl.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto lamb. = Season lamb with salt and pepper. Return to skillet and roast in oven= until desired doneness, about 35 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to cutting board. Pour fat from skillet. Add broth to= skillet; bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Boil until reduced= to 1/2 cup, about 2minutes. Whisk in butter. Slice lamb into chops. = Divide chops among 4 plates. Pour sauce over. Drizzle pesto over and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)