Recipe: Real Irish Stew
- 1 1/2 lb Mutton, cut into pieces
- Parsley sprigs 6 Carrots, sliced
- 2 lb Potatoes
- Salt and pepper 1 lb Onions
- Place meat and vegetables in saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add salt and pepper as required and flavor with a few parsley sprigs and add carrot slices. Slowly bring to a boil and skim off the top.
- Simmer over a very low heat for approximately 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)