Recipe: Ribs With A Peach Barbecue Sauce
- 5 Pounds Pork Or Lamb Spareribs — meaty
- –For The Sauce– 1 Tablespoon Peanut Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Mirin Or Medium Dry Sherry
- 1 1/2 Cups Pureed Peach Pulp (4 Large Peaches)
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar (Packed), — or more to taste
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Chinese Chile Paste With Garlic
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper — to taste
- Cut the ribs into individual portions and set aside in a large bowl. Make the barbecue sauce: heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds Add the mirin and reduce over high heat for about 2 minutes. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring.
- Arrange the spareribs in a large dish. Brush with generous amounts of the sauce and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange the spareribs in a shallow baking pan and bake, brushing frequently with the remaining sauce, until the ribs are well browned, crisp, and cooked through, about 1 1/4 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)