Recipe: Roast Herbed Lamb
- 1 ea Lamb, leg of; fat removed
- Garlic cloves; cut in -slivers Olive oil; to taste
- DRIED HERBS DE PROVENCE
- TO TASTE
- Thyme, dried Rosemary, dried Chevril, dried Parsley, dried Bay leaf, dried Basil, dried Oregano, dried This recipe comes from Jean Charest’s mother-in-law, Lisette Dionne.
- “It must be Canadian lamb with lots of garlic, cooked rare, along with potato casserole layered with Emmental cheese from the St.-Benoit-du-Lac monastery in my region.” Jean Charest is one of the front runners of the Conservative leadership candidates, one of whom will be our next prime minister. Inset garlic slivers into lamb.
- Rub with oil, then herb mixture. cover with foil and refrigerate 2-3 hours to allow flavours to penetrate the meat. Roast in a preheated 400F oven 30-45 minutes depending on weight.
- Serve with Gratin Dauphinois and Tomato Provencale: (Tomatoes halved, sprinkled with the same herbs but minus rosemary and bay leaf. Bake in 400F oven 10 minutes or till tender.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)