Recipe: Roast Lamb With Potatoes (Arni Psito Me Patates)
- 1 Leg of young spring lamb
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper 4 tb Butter; melted
- 1 Lemon; juiced
- 20 sm Potatoes; peeled
- Salt 2 tb Tomato paste
- 2 c -Hot water
- Wash leg of lamb. Slit with sharp knife in various places on both sides of lamb. Slice garlic thinly and insert the slices in slits made in lamb.
- Season with salt and pepper and brush with melted butter. Squeeze lemon juice over lamb and place in roasting pan, fat side up.
- Roast at 450 F for 1/2 hour. While lamb is browning, sprinkle potatoes with salt, rub with tomato paste, and let stand for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes to the baking pan with the water and lower oven temperature to 350 F. Turn and baste the potatoes occasionally during the roasting period.
- When lamb is done, remove to hot serving platter and keep warm. Increase oven temperature to 425 F and brown potatoes for 20 minutes longer.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: French