Recipe: Roast Leg Of Lamb With Pomegranate
- 1 Semi-boneless Leg of Lamb
- — (2 1/4 lbs) 3 c Pomegranate juice
- 1/4 c Country dijon mustard
- -(Grey Poupon) 4 ts Fresh garlic, minced
- Check out our juice aisle for pomegranate juice. (Cranberry juice can be used in its place). The marinade imparts great flavor to the lamb and provides a tangy, rich sauce. Combine pomegranate juice, mustard, garlic.
- Completely submerge lamb in marinade. Marinate for 2-3 days. Remove lamb from marinade, save marinade. Place lamb in oven-proof dish, place in preheated 350 oven. Roast for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let lamb rest outside the oven for 15 minutes before serving.
- As soon as the lamb is in the oven, strain the marinade twice through a fine mesh sieve. Place in small saucepan, bring to a boil, simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve with sliced lamb.
- Nutritional information per serving (4): 456 calories, 53 g protein, 15.5 g fat (5 g saturated), 15g
- carbohydrates, 163 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium Exchanges: 7 extra lean meats, 1 fruit
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)