Recipe: Roasted Lemon/Rosemary Leg Of Lamb
- 8 lb Leg of lamb (approx)
- 2 Garlic cloves, slivered
- 3 T Lemon juice (or less)
- 1 t Rosemary, crumbled
- 1 1/2 t Salt
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 1/4 c Butter (or margarine)
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim all but a thin layer of far from the lamb, and make small slits over the surface of the meat. Insert the slivered garlic into these slits.
- Brush the lamb with lemon juice, and rub rosemary, salt and pepper into the meat. Place the lamb, fat side up, on a roasting rack in a large, shallow roasting pan. Roast at 350 degrees F.
- for 1 1/2 hours, or until a properly-placed meat thermometer reads 140 degrees F. for rare, 150 for medium, or 160 for well- done. Carve and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)