Recipe: Sauteed Minted Lamb
- 3/4 lb Lamb steak, cut from leg
- 1/4 c Red wine
- 3 tb Red-wine vinegar
- 1 ts Rosemary, dried
- 1 md Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tb Mint jelly
- Remove fat from lamb.
- If the piece is thick, cut it in half lengthwise so that each piece is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Mix red wine, vinegar, rosemary and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Poke several holes at varying intervals in the lamb.
- Place it and the sauce in a zipper-lock bag to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Turn after 10 minutes.
- Heat a medium-size non-stick pan.
- Remove lamb from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Reserve marinade.
- Brown the meat in the hot pan, and saute 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a plate and cover with foil to deep warm.
- Add reserve marinade to pan, making sure it comes to a boil.
- Scrape up brown bits in bottom of pan and add mint jelly.
- Heat to serve with sauce spooned over top.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)