Recipe: Savory Lamb Stir-Fry
- 2 Lamb leg center steaks, cut
- 1 Inch thick (approx. 1 1/2
- Ibs.) 2 tb Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tb Olive oil, divided
- 2 ts . cornstarch
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- divided 1 t Dried oregano leaves
- crushed 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 md Red bell pepper, cut into
- l/s-inch strips 4 Oz’s mushrooms, sliced
- Combine lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, cornstarch, 1 clove garlic, oregano and salt.
- Trim excess fat from lamb steaks; remove bone.
- Cut lamb across the grain into l/s-inch thick slices.
- Place lamb in plastic bag; add marinade, turning to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1 clove garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry 2-3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables, keep w arm.
- Stir-fry lamb (I/2 at a time) 2-3 minutes. Return lamb and vegetables to pan; heat through.
- Makes 4 servings.
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes.
- Marinate: 30 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes FOOD FACTS: Per serving, 240 calories 240; 25g protein 25g; fat 13g; carbohydrate 5g; iron 2 mg (14 percent
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)