Recipe: Shepherd’S Pie Ii
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 md onion, thinly sliced
- 3 md tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoon butter, or margarine
- 2 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt 1/4 t pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock, or 2pk instant+1cup water
- 2 pound lamb, cooked cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cup mashed potatoes, leftover or fresh or instant
- In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, Place vegetable oil, onion and tomatoes and heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside. In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
- Blend in flour, salt, pepper and chicken stock. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or untiI thickened and smooth.
- Stir occasionally. Add sauce and cooked lamb to onion-tomato mixture. Stir to combine.
- Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 7 minutes or until almost heated through (time will depend on temperature of cooked lamb).
- Top with mashed potatoes and heat, uncovered, an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until serving temperature is reached. Variation: Cooked beef chunks, ground beef or ground lamb may be substituted for cooked lamb.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)