Recipe: Simple~ Slow-Roasted Pork Shoulder
- Oil or unsalted butter
- coating 1 Pork Shoulder
- 4-to-5 lb
- Salt & freshly ground pepper Slow roasting results in tender, juicy pork.
- Turkey, lamb, beef or veal can be roasted similarly. PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F.
- Oil or butter pork all over. Season fatty outer layer with salt and pepper. Place pork on a roasting rack in a pan.
- Place pan in center of preheated oven and roast, uncovered. Roast for 30 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature at the thickest point reaches 155F.
- (NOTE: Trichinoisis is destroyed when the internal temperature reaches 139F for a period of 10 minutes.) Remove from oven.
- Cover loosely with foil and allow to “rest” for at least 15 minutes before carving.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)