Recipe: Skewered Kefta
- 10 oz Ground lamb
- 2 tb Minced onion
- 1 tb Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tb Chopped fresh mint or 1 1/2
- teaspoon dried mint 1/4 ts Each ground cumin ground
- marjoram, salt, and pepper 2 ts Olive oil
- 1 ts Lemon juice
- 1/2 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 ts Paprika
- In medium bowl combine lamb, onion, parsley, mint, cumin, marjoram, salt, and pepper; mix well. Divide lamb mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a sausage shape, pressing each onto a 12-inch wooden or metal skewer; transfer skewers to rack in broiling pan.
- In measuring cup or small bowl combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, and paprika; using pastry brush, brush oil mixture over keftas, coating all sides.
- Broil, turning once, until keftas are browned on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Makes 2 servings, 2 skewers each.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)