Recipe: Skewered Lamb With Sweet Pepper Dipping Sauce
- SKEWERED LAMB
- 110 g Uncle Ben’s Aromatic Blend rice
- 450 g lean lamb cut into 2cm dice
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 1/2 small onion peeled fine chopped
- 25 g brown sugar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 large red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 170 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tsp fresh coriander chopped
- 150 ml water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 110g rice/450g lamb serves 4 as a starter
- 1. Combine all the marinade ingredients and stir in the diced lamb.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then thread onto 4 short bamboo skewers.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the pepper and spring onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, water and seasoning then bring to the boil and simmer until the peppers are tender.
- Liquidise the mixture and pass through a fine sieve, then stir in the coriander.
- Put the Uncle BenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s rice on to cook according to the instructions on the pack.
- Meanwhile, grill the skewered meat for 8-10 minutes, turning until cooked through.
- Place the skewered lamb on a bed of Uncle BenÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Aromatic Blend rice and serve immediately accompanied by a bowl of dipping sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)