Recipe: Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks With Split Peas
- 1 cup split green peas, dried
- 3 pound lamb shanks
- 1 each onion, chopped
- 2 each carrots, peeled, sliced
- 2 each celery, stalks, sliced
- 2 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 salt and pepper
- Completely soften peas. Brown lamb shanks under broiler to remove fat; drain well.
- Mix all ingredients except shanks in crockpot; stir well.
- Add shanks, pushing down into liquid. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)