Recipe: Smoky Lamb Chops In Red Wine Marinade
- RED WINE MARINADE
- 150 ml Bulgarian country red wine
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic — peeled and crushed
- 5 dried juniper berries — crushed
- 8 lamb chops — trimmed of fat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Mix the marinade ingredients in a large shallow dish or plastic container.
- Then add the lamb, turning the chops to ensure they are well coated in the mixture.
- Cover with clingfilm or a lid then leave to marinate all day or overnight in the fridge.
- If convenient, shake the container every now and then, or turn the chops over in the marinade.
- Lift the chops from the marinade then season and cook them on the barbecue for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve with olives and charred pepper skewers (see recipe).
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)