Recipe: Souvlakia (Barbecued Meat Cubes)
- 1 1/2 lb Lamb or veal,1″ cubes
- 3/4 c Dry white wine
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 2 T White wine vinegar
- 3 T Ground oregano
- 1 T Salt
- 1/4 t Ground pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 1 Small onion,chopped
- Arrange lamb or veal on six 8-inch skewers; place in shallow glass baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Turning occasionally, at least 12 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Set oven control to broil and/or 550′.
- Broil 4 inches from heat, turning and basting with marinade every 5 minutes until done, 10 to 15 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)