Recipe: Spiced Meat Skillet (Timen Ajami)
- 2 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb Ground lean beef or lamb
- 1/4 ts Allspice, ground
- 1/4 ts Madras curry powder
- Salt & pepper to taste 2 tb Rose water
- 1/2 c Currants, dried
- 1/2 c Almonds, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion. Saute until onion is tender.
- Add meat. Cook until browned and crumbly. Drain off fat, if necessary. Add allspice, curry powder, salt and pepper to cooked meat.
- Cook 3 minutes to blend flavours.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer over low heat 15 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking.Serve hot.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)