Recipe: Tex-Mex With Spinach Bake
- 2 c Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 c Water; cold
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 pk Taco seasoning mix
- 1 c Water
- 10 oz Spinach
- 1 c Cheese; ricotta
- 1/3 c Green onions; chopped
- 1 1/2 c Cheddar cheese; shredded
- 1 c Sour cream
- 1 Egg; lightly beaten
- frozen, thawed, chopped and squeezed dry.
- Heat oven to 350~F. Combine baking mix and 1/2 c cold water; stir until soft dough forms. Press dough into bottom of greased 13×9″ baking dish.
- Cook ground beef in large nonstick skillet until brown.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix (dry) and 1 c water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture over dough.
- Combine spinach, ricotta cheese and onions; spread over ground beef mixture. Combine Cheddar cheese, sour cream and egg; spoon evenly over spinach mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)