Recipe: Texas Hash (Slightly Adapted)
- 1 lb Ground beef (we also -sometimes use ground -turkey)
- 1 sm Onion, diced
- 1/2 Sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 sm Can tomatoes (we like to use -the Ro-Tel tomatoes and -green chilies here)
- 1 c Cooked long-grain rice (or -more, depending on how much -you want/need to stretch -it)
- 1/4 ts Chili powder (we use lots -more, plus a healthy shot -cumin)
- Salt to taste Cook the meat
- onions and sweet pepper in a frying pan until the meat is browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, and simmer briefly. Salt to taste. Mix the meat mixture with the rice, and place in a casserole.
- Bake at 350 until the mixture is hot and lightly browned.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)