Recipe: Texas T-Bone With Wild Mushrooms And Tomatoes
- 4 T-bone steaks,1 1/2″ thick — 16oz each
- Salt and freshly ground pepper — to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 pound fresh wild mushrooms — sliced (chanterelle, morel, oyster,shiitake)
- 1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon — (dry red wine)
- Grilled tomato halves grilled red onion slices fresh thyme sprigs for garnish — (optional)
- Prepare a direct-heat fire in a charcoal grill and oil the grill rack. When coals are ready, rub the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on the grill and cook, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Meanwhile, in a saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the thyme and garlic and saute until softened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and saute until softened, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil, then remove fro m the heat. Transfer the steaks to individual plates and spoon the mushrooms evenly over the top.
- Garnish with the tomatos, onions and herb sprigs and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)