Recipe: Thai Burgers With Mint Cucumber Relish
- 1 lb Lean ground beef
- 1 tb Lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1/4 c Fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 ts Thai fish sauce or soy -sauce
- 1 ts Brown sugar
- 1/2 ts Grated lime peel
- 1/2 ts Hot Oriental chili paste
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Fresh breadcrumbs
- Combine burger stuff, shape into 4-6 burgers. Drain chopped cucumber; mix in remaining ingredients; reserve.
- Just before serving, heat grill and brush with oil.
- Cook burgers and 4 minutes per side, turning once.(If lemon grass is very dry, soak 20 minutes before using. If you cannot find lemon grass, use 1 tsp. grated lemon peel.)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Thai