Recipe: Three-Pepper Beef Kabobs
- 1 lb Sirloin steak; boneless – cut 1″ thick
- 2 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 tb Lemon juice; fresh
- 1 tb – Water
- 2 ts Dijon mustard
- 1 ts Honey
- 1/2 ts Oregano; dried
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- 1 md Bell pepper; green, red or – yellow, cut in 1″ pieces
- 8 lg Mushrooms; fresh
- Preparation time: 25 minutes Cut the steak ibnto 1″ pieces. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, water, mustard, honey, oregano and pepper.
- Add the beef, bell pepper and mushrooms, stirring to coat. Alternately thread pieces of beef, bell pepper and mushrooms on each of 4 12″ long skewers.
- Place kabobs on a rack in the broiler pan so surface of the meat is 3″ to 4″ from the heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for rare to medium, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Note: Beef kabobs may also be grilled. Place on grid over medium coals.
- Grill 8 to 11 minutes.
- Serving suggestions: Hot, cooked long grain and wild rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)