Recipe: Today’S Pot Roast
- 1 lg Reynolds oven bag
- 1/4 c Flour
- 14 1/2 oz Can Italian-style stewed -tomatoes — undrained
- 1 Envelope onion recipe soup -mix
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- 3 lb Boneless beef rump or round -tip roast (to 3.5 lb.)
- 4 md Potatoes — quartered
- 4 md Carrots — cut in 2″ pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Shake flour in oven bag; place in 13x9x2″ baking pan. Add tomatoes, soup mix and pepper.
- Squeeze bag to blend ingredients. Trim fat from roast; place roast in bag. Turn bag to coat roast with sauce.
- Place vegetables in bag around roast. Close bag with nylon tie; cut 6 half-inch slits in top. Bake until roast is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours.
- Let stand in bag for 5 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)